The culture at Pol-arise is a supportive one, and is based on courtesy, co-operation and mutual respect between students, staff and management. We expect all students and staff to respect and abide by our Etiquette Policies, and ensure we all understand the terms and conditions of participation in classes, workshops, parties and events.
* Whether using our online booking system or booking over the phone/in-studio – by making a booking and payment you are acknowledging that you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
* Please consider your commitment to these classes as there will be NO refunds, credits or transfers to a future term, or to another student. This policy applies to change of mind as well as change of circumstances. In the event of your cancellation out of a term or course, any payment you have made will be forfeited!
* Our classes are subject to minimum numbers and we reserve the right to cancel and/or re-schedule class/es should insufficient bookings be received into a class. In the event of a class or course being altered or cancelled every effort will be made to avoid inconvenience by offering alternative dates or times.
* Some pole and aerial moves can be more challenging and/or dangerous than others, and we must insist that our instructions are followed at all times.
* We expect that fellow students, staff and management are treated with respect and courtesy at all times. We reserve the right to refuse entry to classes if this is not adhered to.
* You will not be permitted to participate whilst intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
* Pol-arise is not obligated to provide substitute (make-up) classes if you fail to turn up to your scheduled class. Any missed classes will be forfeited if the required notice is not given. Please refer to the information provided on your preferred studio page for more details.
* Make-Up classes are only offered subject to availability of places in an alternative class, and must be taken within the same term. They will not be rolled over to future terms, and if a substitute time is not found, any classes missed will be forfeited. There is a maximum of 2 make-up classes per student, per term.
* We do accept pregnant women in our classes, but in the event of an unexpected pregnancy mid course, we recommend that you check with your doctor as to whether you are able to continue with your classes. Should you not be able to continue, we require a medical certificate stating this and a ”House Credit” will be offered for any unused classes for after the baby arrives.
* Pol-arise Fitness & Dance classes are for Students Only - please don’t bring your partner, children and other spectators to classes.
* By participating in Pol-arise classes, you agree that you are personally and unconditionally assuming responsibility for any harm, damage or loss suffered as a consequence of participation in classes. To the extent permitted by law, you release, indemnify and will keep indemnified Pol-arise Newcastle & Pol-arise Adelaide, its Franchisees, officers, employees, contractors and agents from and against any claims, rights and causes of action, including claims for negligence arising from your participation in Classes. This document may be produced and relied upon as complete defence to any such claim.
* You understand that classes at Pol-arise Fitness & Dance may be physically strenuous and voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death.
* You agree that Pol-arise Fitness & Dance is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of your personal belongings while you attend class.
* You agree to treat all students and staff with respect and courtesy.
* You understand NO credits or refunds will be offered after payment has been made and you agree that you will not ask for one.
* You understand some pole dancing and aerial skills can be more challenging &/or dangerous than others. You agree that you will not attempt any tricks or moves that have not been taught or authorised by your instructor and agree to follow staff instructions at all times.
* Prior to participation in classes, you agree to disclose any medical condition which may affect your physical or mental ability, capacity or judgement during classes.
* You have independently assessed the activities and are physically fit to participate in the activities in which you have chosen to participate
and have not been advised otherwise by a medical practitioner. You do not have any possibly relevant pre-existing medical or physical conditions, which have not been disclosed to Pol-arise Newcastle and the activities organisers.
* You understand attending these classes does not qualify you as a Pole, Dance or Aerial Instructor and you agree that you will not attempt to teach other students during classes.
* You acknowledge that copyright & all other intellectual property in the Classes, including the right to reproduce wholly or in part any pole dancing and aerobic routines, belongs to Pol-arise Newcastle & Pol-arise Adelaide absolutely. You undertake not to reproduce or copy wholly or in part the Classes, including but not limited to the Aerial & Pole Dancing tricks and routines, for the purposes of instructing others, for personal financial gain/profit or for financial gain or profit on behalf of others. You understand and agree that use of the facilities and equipment is only to be undertaken on your own personal time, and that your use of the facilities and equipment is not within the course or scope of your employment.
* By booking, paying and participating in a class, you agree that you understand and agree to comply with all of the above terms and any other policy introduced by Pol-arise and notified in studio, newsletters and e-mail.